Subject: Re: [Jmap] Adding optional createdId property to Request/Response object

From: Robert Mueller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 10:09:58 +1000

> The proxy then just has to concatenate the methodResponses arrays from
> the different calls to return to the client. Importantly, you can now
> write a very light-weight JMAP proxy that does useful things without
> having to understand anything specific about the methods it is
> proxying.> 
> Any comments/objections/clarifications please let me know, otherwise
> I'll merge this next week.
Shouldn't the creation id's be separate for each type, since the spec
already mentions that "Creation ids are scoped by type; a separate
creation id -> id map MUST be kept for each type for the duration of
the request".
So I think it should be:

  "createdIds": {
    "Foo": {
      "k31":"84291", ...
}
}

Rob Mueller
[email-masked]

---

From: Neil Jenkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 11:20:38 +1000

> creation id -> id map MUST be kept for each type for the duration of
This is also changed in the pull request, to make implementation
simpler. There's a single map of creation id => real id, and it's up to
the client to ensure it doesn't reuse a creation id.
Neil.