Subject: [Json] Comments on proposed charter for JSON

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:25:08 -0800

Hello,

Here's a few comments about the proposed JSON charter:

   "There are also a number of other JSON-related proposals for
    Standards Track that would benefit from the community and review
    created by a working group focused on JSON."

What is "community" in the above?

   "During that work, the working group may collect change requests, and
    may choose to propose a more significant revision of the JSON specification
    if there is rough consensus to do so.  Proceeding with such a revision
    will require AD approval, for which the responsible AD may require a
    recharter to get community and IESG review of the proposal."

I suggest removing the above paragraph.  It's easier to stick to 
errata and "correct significant errors and inconsistencies".

I suggest against having an initial list.  It's difficult to predict 
whether people will have the energy to review once the charter has 
been approved.

Regards,
-sm