Subject: [Json] JSON chartering update

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 16:56:52 +0100

Keeping everyone in the loop...

The JSON charter proposal is into the formal chartering process:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-json/

Here's how the process goes from here:

- The charter state is currently in "Internal Review", which is review
by the IESG and the IAB.  The current charter version is -00-00, which
has what was agreed to on the json mailing list.

- Comments may come from the IAB and IESG in the next two weeks.
Comments that are made as formal ballots will be sent to the json
mailing list.  Other comments might be made directly to the IESG and
IAB lists.

- I will make minor editorial changes directly, and will pass anything
else to the json mailing list.  I'm the only one who can revise the
charter text at this point, and each revision will increment the
second number: -00-01, then -00-02, and so on.  You can use the
"History" tab on the datatracker link (above) to compare versions.

- On 16 May, the IESG will probably approve the charter for external
review, and notices will go out by the 17th to the ietf-announce and
new-work lists.  At that point, the charter state will be put into
"External Review".

- On 30 May, the IESG will probably approve the formation of the
working group.  The final charter version will then be -01 (without
the second number).  Again, you can get diffs from the "History" tab.

Assuming that everything goes as planned, you should hear about the
approval, along with who the chairs are, around the end of May.

Barry, Applications AD