Subject: [Json] Coordinating publication of 4627bis with ECMA

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 19:48:50 +0100

Because ECMA is dependent upon the results of the 4627bis work that
will be this group's charter, we have discussion the situation with
them in a liaison call.  They are willing to have the work happen in
the IETF, with their participation.  They would like to jointly
publish the resulting document.

This is allowed by our rules: the chairs will manage the discussion
and consensus as normal, and RFC 5378 allows republication of the
resulting RFC.  The difference will come in the IESG approval process,
where we will coordinate with ECMA's approval process to ensure that
the two approved versions match.

I have added the following paragraph to the proposed charter:

----------------------------------
The resulting document will be jointly published as an RFC and by ECMA.
ECMA participants will be participating in the working group editing
through the normal process of working group participation.  The responsible
AD will coordinate the approval process with ECMA so that the versions
of the document that are approved by each body are the same.
----------------------------------

See https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-json/

Barry

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 12:06:26 +0200

>publish the resulting document.

No objection, but for the record, I would very much prefer to never
ever see confusion or fights around which of the two publications to
reference, especially if errata are identified after publication, so
I would prefer to have just the RFC, and would not encourage ECMA to
republish it.
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/