Subject: [Json] Sticking to the current charter, virtual interim meeting, and discussion questions

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:55:45 -0500

Folks,

What follows on the heels of this message are two messages from me with 
some questions that I hope will drive some of our outstanding issues 
toward consensus. At the least, I think that if we are able to get good 
discussion and conclusions on these, we'll know where we are at in the 
discussion. But these questions are designed to drive us toward 
consensus *on the chartered work of this working group*. In particular, 
I want our discussion on the list (and in Berlin) to center around our 
chartered work for the time being; I think it is currently inappropriate 
to start talking about rechartering to do other things.

The chairs let me know that attendance in Berlin is going to be a bit 
spotty. Given that, I discussed with them the idea of having a 
interactive virtual interim meeting soon after Berlin. We'll use the 
time in Berlin to figure out how to make the virtual interim meeting 
most useful to the WG. Hopefully with discussion of the topics which 
you'll see in a moment, we'll have good input to the virtual interim.

So, please take this opportunity to express your opinions on the issues 
in my subsequent messages and see if we can figure out reasonable paths 
to accomplishing our chartered work. (The are, BTW, discussion points, 
not test questions. :-) ) Let's delay any talk about rechartering until 
after we exhaust this conversation (at a minimum until after the virtual 
interim).

Thanks,

pr

-- 
Pete Resnick<http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478