Subject: [Json] Minutes for JSON WG Virtual Interim (2013-08-21T15:00:00Z)

From: "Matt Miller (mamille2)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:03:10 +0000

Attached are the minutes from the virtual interim last week.  The minutes have also been posted to the interim proceedings < http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2013/08/21/json/proceedings.html >.

Please send any corrections to the chairs, and we'll update accordingly.

Thank you,

- Paul Hoffman and Matt Miller

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 17:45:19 -0400

> - Paul Hoffman and Matt Miller

Under DISCUSSION, you have

TH - I think the document should talk about where 

that should be

TH - I think the document should talk about where you can expect interoperability and where things become less interoperable.

Down in Numbers, you have a place holder for Caller-9. I think that was
me, as right about there I brought up something along the lines of:

TH - Floating point is by its very nature non-interoperable when you go
between machines or into an on-the-wire representation that doesn't hold
the exact bit patterns. The best you can say is that sticking to a
format compatible with the IEEE standard would provide for the "best
chance of interoperability".

The comment about "once you move it to base-10" by JH was adding to my
statements.

    Tony

---

From: "Matt Miller (mamille2)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 17:54:32 +0000

Updated minutes with Tony's corrections have been posted to < http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2013/08/21/json/minutes/minutes-interim-2013-json-1 >.

Thanks!