Subject: [Json] Dupe language on NaN & Infinity in -03

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:49:41 -0700

The consensus-call language that went into Section 6 includes “Numeric
values that cannot be represented in the grammar above (such as Infinity
and NaN) are not permitted.”  I’m not sure why this is here... the
paragraph before the number grammar already reads “Numeric values that
cannot be represented as sequences of digits (such as Infinity and NaN) are
not permitted.”

I think this is just a drafting error and we should remove this sentence
from the last paragraph of section 6.

---

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:49:03 -0400

> from the last paragraph of section 6.

We should remove it from one place or the other.

-- 
John Cowan  [email-masked]  http://ccil.org/~cowan
If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on
the shoulders of giants.
        --Isaac Newton

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:52:37 -0400

> We should remove it from one place or the other.

+1

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 01:07:46 +0200

On Sep 20, 2013, at 19:49, Tim Bray <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Numeric values that cannot be represented as sequences of digits

So 3.5 should not be permitted?

I think this is the one that has to go.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:34:50 -0700

Yeah, the cleanest thing is to patch the text above the grammar to say
“cannot be represented in the grammar below”, and lose the dupe text from
the new interop material.  Because nowhere else in the new material does it
forbid or require things, and I’d like to keep it this way.  The “sequences
of digits” language is just an erratum.