Subject: [Json] WGLC comment regarding top-level values

From: Nico Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:33:37 -0500

Add this to the ABNF in section 2:

   A JSON-text in ECMAScript's version of JSON is any value, with
optional whitespace.  Note that this is not the form that is intended
in application/json; parsers of JSON texts -in the context of the
application/json MIME media type- are free (and expected) to reject
JSON texts that are not objects or arrays.

      JSON-text-ECMA = ws value ws

Nico
--

---

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 13:53:27 -0700

Disagree. I think this is adequately covered in the “Specifications of JSON
section”

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Nico Williams <[email-masked]>wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> json mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/json
>