Subject: [Json] Fwd: Ecma TC39 Comments on RFC 4727bis

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:12:53 -0600

Folks,

Barry and I received this liaison statement from the Ecma Secretary 
General regarding the draft. The chairs and I will chat, we may consult 
with the IESG and/or IAB, and then propose some text to the WG as a 
response to the statement. As per RFC 4053, I'll also post this to the 
Liaison Statements website for reference. I'll also send an 
acknowledgment to the Secretary General that we have received the 
message and are working on a response.

Please don't respond directly to this, and please let's hold off of 
discussion of it on the list until the chairs and I get you some 
proposed text.

As the Hitchhiker's Guide says: "Don't Panic".

pr

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Ecma TC39 Comments on RFC 4727bis
Resent-From: 	<[email-masked]>
Date: 	Mon, 25 Nov 2013 12:07:41 +0000
From: 	Istvan Sebestyen <[email-masked]>
To: 	'Barry Leiba' <[email-masked]>, 'Pete Resnick' 
<[email-masked]>
CC: 	TC39 <[email-masked]>

Dear Barry and Tim,

Ecma TC39 had last week its 3 days face-to-face meeting at PayPal in San
Jose. The attached liaison document has been prepared and approved at
the last day's meeting on November 21, 2013. TC39 has requested me to
submit this to IETF officially, what I would like to do herewith.

AS you may know TC39 is generally very concerned about what is going on
with the update of RFC 4627 in the IETF and what is reflected in the
currently presented draft.

My request would be that on behalf of Ecma TC39 that you look into this
matter. My other request would also be that you put this liaison
statement (including my email to you) on the json -- JavaScript Object
Notation (JSON) WG mailing list.

My last request would be that any possible consolidated reply from IETF
should be sent to me that I can distribute it accordingly in Ecma (incl.
also to TC39).

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Istvan

Dr. Istvan SEBESTYEN
Ecma International
Secretary General
Rue du Rhône 114
CH-1204 Geneva
Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 849 6011
Fax:+41 22 849 6001
Cell: +41 79 206 3200
E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:17:40 -0800

On Nov 25, 2013, at 9:12 AM, Pete Resnick <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Barry and I received this liaison statement from the Ecma Secretary General regarding the draft. The chairs and I will chat, we may consult with the IESG and/or IAB, and then propose some text to the WG as a response to the statement. As per RFC 4053, I'll also post this to the Liaison Statements website for reference. I'll also send an acknowledgment to the Secretary General that we have received the message and are working on a response.
> 
> Please don't respond directly to this, and please let's hold off of discussion of it on the list until the chairs and I get you some proposed text.

Thanks, Pete. I'm sure we can come up with some response wording and then get the WG involved.

> As the Hitchhiker's Guide says: "Don't Panic".

Towel in hand.

--Paul Hoffman