Subject: [Json] I-D Action: draft-ietf-json-rfc4627bis-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:51:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the JavaScript Object Notation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The JSON Data Interchange Format
	Author(s)       : Tim Bray
	Filename        : draft-ietf-json-rfc4627bis-09.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-12-10

Abstract:
   JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) is a lightweight, text-based,
   language-independent data interchange format.  It was derived from
   the ECMAScript Programming Language Standard.  JSON defines a small
   set of formatting rules for the portable representation of structured
   data.

   This document removes inconsistencies with other specifications of
   JSON, repairs specification errors, and offers experience-based
   interoperability guidance.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-json-rfc4627bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-json-rfc4627bis-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-json-rfc4627bis-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:53:12 -0800

A real HTML version is at
https://www.tbray.org/tmp/draft-ietf-json-rfc4627bis-09.html

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> json mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/json
>

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 06:57:26 +0100

Good changes.

I’m growing a little unhappy with Appendix A.
This has editorial changes to the document mixed with our changes to JSON.
I think the latter (a very short list) should be separate.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 14:43:33 +0100

On 2013-12-11 06:57, Carsten Bormann wrote:
> ...

+0.5 (#ifitsnottoomuchwork)

Other than that, thanks a lot for addressing my feedback!

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 09:57:41 -0800

Oops, there’s an error in that draft.  In section 1.3 -
http://www.tbray.org/tmp/draft-ietf-json-rfc4627bis-09.html#rfc.section.1.3 -
it still says that this spec doesn’t change JSON.  Rob caught this in the
intro and I fixed that, but missed it here.  Sorry.

I touched base with the chairs & AD, and they suggested I just bring it up
here, and there’s no point doing another draft just for this; let the RFC
editor clean up.

So, the change is to change the last para of 1.3 to read:

“The revision's goal is to apply the errata, remove inconsistencies with
other specifications of JSON, and highlight practices which can lead to
interoperability problems.”