Subject: [Json] Media type registration in draft-ietf-json-text-sequence

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 16:02:51 -0500

While I wait for Pete to finish things up with this document and get
it into IESG Evaluation, and while there's still time before the
telechat date:

The media type registration in the document, bog-standard though it
might be, does not have a complete registration template: it's missing
everything after "applications that use this media type", including
contact information, author, and change controller.  Perhaps IANA will
assume that the other missing information is meant to be blank, but
those are necessary; and anyway, the template should be complete.

Also, RFC 6838 strongly recommends review of all registration requests
on the <[email-masked]> list, and that wasn't done for this.
Given that IETF-stream registrations do not get formal expert review,
I very strongly prefer that that recommendation be heeded.  Please use
this time to post this document's name and the (complete) registration
template to that list and see if there are any comments.

Barry

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 11:36:28 +0800

> those are necessary; and anyway, the template should be complete.

Major whoopsie on that. Nico: please assume we need a new draft with the full template, and fill that in. Then...

> template to that list and see if there are any comments.

Nico: please do send the full registration (what you have in the -09, plus the rest of the fields) to the media-types list, because a last-minute complaint from them during IESG review will make things drag out unnecessarily.

--Paul Hoffman