Subject: [Json] FYI: January 28 2015 Meeting Notes

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 11:26:48 +0100

* Rick Waldron wrote:
>[...]

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.javascript.ecmascript4.general/37184

This might be of interest to the JSON community:

>## Report from the Ecma Secretariat
>(Istvan Sebastian)
>
>IS: Strange JSON development: The government of the Netherlands wants to
>get an EU recognition on IETF's JSON future standard as part of the
>European Commission's Multi-Stakeholder Platform. Netherlands submitted 27
>IETF standards to the Multi-Stakeholder Platform, and IETF's JSON happens
>to be among them. Normally only long-standing in the market already proved
>standards should be recognized. Also no "consortium specification" should
>be recognized where appropriate International Standard (like of ISO, IEC,
>ITU) exists. JSON in ECMA-262 is already part of ISO/IEC 16262:2011. In
>addition TC39 has standardized in 2013 ECMA-404 (JSON). We had originally a
>TC39 decision to fast-track it to JTC1, but after discussion the GA in
>December 2013 has approved the possibility of a Postal Balot on the JTC1
>fast track upon a new request  from TC39.  The iisue has been reported to
>the last Ecma GA and was worried about the situation.
>
>WH and IS: [Discussion about what the Multi-Stakeholder Platform is and its
>implication on governmental activities]
>
>IS: Recommend resuming the fast-track of ECMA-404 (JSON).
>
>AWB: We don't currently have an editor for the JSON spec.  Who wants to do
>it?
>
>CM: I volunteer!
>
>WH: Timeline? June GA?
>
>IS: Will discuss it with ECMA management. Might do it earlier via a letter
>ballot.

regards,
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/