Subject: [Json] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7159 (4264)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 23:46:39 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7159,
"The JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) Data Interchange Format".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7159&eid=4264

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Federico do Pino <[email-masked]>

Section: 15.2

Original Text
-------------
   [Err3607]  RFC Errata, Errata ID 3607, RFC 3607,
              <http://www.rfc-editor.org>.

   [Err607]   RFC Errata, Errata ID 607, RFC 607,
              <http://www.rfc-editor.org>.

Corrected Text
--------------
   [Err3607]  RFC Errata, Errata ID 3607, for RFC 4627,
              <http://www.rfc-editor.org>.

   [Err607]   RFC Errata, Errata ID 607, for RFC 4627,
              <http://www.rfc-editor.org>.

Notes
-----
The references point to RFCs by the same numbers as the errata IDs, while the intention was to refer to errata (by the same IDs) reported for the previous JSON RFC, namely RFC 4627. (RFCs 607 and 3607 are completely unrelated.)

The links may also be replaced with direct links to the errata pages, for instance http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=607 and http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=3607

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7159 (draft-ietf-json-rfc4627bis-rfc7159bis)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) Data Interchange Format
Publication Date    : March 2014
Author(s)           : T. Bray, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : JavaScript Object Notation
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 09:01:56 +0100

* RFC Errata System wrote:
>Notes
>-----
>The references point to RFCs by the same numbers as the errata IDs, 
>while the intention was to refer to errata (by the same IDs) reported 
>for the previous JSON RFC, namely RFC 4627. (RFCs 607 and 3607 are 
>completely unrelated.)
>
>The links may also be replaced with direct links to the errata pages, 
>for instance http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=607 and 
>http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=3607

Agreed. I have checked the errata IDs and at least they do check out.
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
D-10243 Berlin · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
 Available for hire in Berlin (early 2015)  · http://www.websitedev.de/

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 09:09:53 +0100

> "The JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) Data Interchange Format".

Right. This was reported before, but I guess everybody forgot to report 
an erratum.

> The links may also be replaced with direct links to the errata pages, for instance http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=607 and http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=3607

Indeed. Unfortunately, the RFC Editor doesn't want to include the full 
URIs because they might not be stable. Sigh.

Best regards, Julian