Subject: Re: [Json] Human JSON (Hjson)

From: Christian Zangl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 00:04:53 +0200

Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]> Thu, 26 May 2016 15:36 UTC 
wrote:

> What I do very much like about YAML is that it is indentation delimited
> like Python, occam and most of my languages I have developed using Goedel.
> However making that work with JSON which is brace delimited may be hard.

I've seen a lot of config files being edited by different people with 
different editors through their life. Depending on the "level of care" 
those files usually ended up having different indentations with mixed 
spaces and tabs.

Developers can handle whitespace issues but we shouldn't place this 
burden on end users or administrators.

---

From: Christian Zangl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 23:05:10 +0200

Just to clarify, when I say Human JSON I actually mean all humans that 
are somewhat computer literate. I got the impression that some (most?) 
people here think that config files are edited only by developers.