Subject: [Json] Publishing draft-ucarion-json-type-definition as an RFC

From: "RFC ISE (Adrian Farrel)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 04:03:49 -0700

Hi JSON list,

draft-ucarion-json-type-definition has been presented to the Independent
Submissions Editor for publication as an RFC.

Obviously, this document has received a fair amount of discussion on the
JSON list, and the author informs me that the current revision owes a lot
to the suggestions made on the list.

However, JSON is not currently an active working group and so there is no
obvious home for the work within the IETF.

I have flagged the draft on the Dispatch mailing list in case there is
interest in adopting the work in some way, and it was pointed out that I
should raise a similar flag here.

The default position will be that the draft is progressed on the
Independent Stream, but should anyone believe that it would be better
worked on within the IETF, I'd be happy to hear that and we can discuss
with the ADs how best to progress it.

Thanks,
Adrian
-- 
Adrian Farrel (ISE),
[email-masked]