Subject: [Ldap-dir] Fwd: [ldapext] LDAP Transactions

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 18:50:39 -0700

Please review and comment (to this list or to LDAPEXT list).
Thanks, Kurt

>Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 07:11:32 -0700
>To: [email-masked]
>From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: [ldapext] LDAP Transactions
>
>I have revised my proposal for LDAP Transactions (draft-zeilenga-ldap-txn
>and draft-zeilenga-ldap-grouping) based upon IETF#56 discussions and
>believe that they are basically ready to progressed for publication.
>
>It's been suggested that Standard Track would be more appropriate
>than Experimental.  Given that at least one vendor has implemented
>the proposal, I believe we now have enough operational experience to
>support a Standard Track recommendation.  Hence, unless consensus
>is otherwise, I will recommend this work for the Standard Track.
>
>Additionally, based on off-list discussions, I believe it appropriate
>to return txnSpecifyOkay instead of success for operations specified
>as part of the transaction to avoid overloading success (or any other
>existing result code).
>
>Please review draft-zeilenga-ldap-txn and draft-zeilenga-ldap-grouping
>for suitability as Proposed Standards and post your comments before
>21 May 2003.  I intend to make a recommendation for publication by
>the end of the month.
>
>Kurt
>
>_______________________________________________
>Ldapext mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldapext

_______________________________________________
Ldap-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldap-dir