Subject: [Ldap-dir] Review for draft-bergeson-uddi-ldap-schema-03.txt

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:06:22 -0800

The authors have proposed that this draft, available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bergeson-uddi-ldap-schema-03.txt
be approved as an Informational RFC.

I would appreciate review and comments, hopefully by April 6, when
I will decide whether or not to ballot the document.
			thanks,
				Ted Hardie

_______________________________________________
Ldap-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldap-dir

---

From: "Steve Kille" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:16:44 +0100

A comment from Chris Ridd at Isode:

They have created lots of new attributes, but most of them use
DirectoryString syntax.

A lot of these are inappropriate and/or just wrong. For example
uddiv3EntityModificationTime contains some kind of timestamp, but is a
DirectoryString and not a GeneralizedTime. (So a value of "today" would be
valid. So would other Unicode values.)

The uddiUUID attribute appears to be for holding a UUID, which is a 16-byte
long octet string and *not* a DirectoryString. There's an I-D describing
UUIDs in the directory which perhaps the authors ought to read.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of Ted Hardie
> Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 1:06 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Ldap-dir] Review for draft-bergeson-uddi-ldap-schema-03.txt
>