Subject: [Ldap-dir] Fwd: Request for LDAP Directorate Review

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:40:29 -0800

Howdy,
	Tim Polk has asked for review of the following 3 documents
from the PKIX working group; they are all aimed at Informational
status.  The documents specify schemas for X.509 public key Certificates, X.509
Attribute Certificates, and X.509 CRLs, respectively.  The drafts break the
data objects into sets of attributes to facilitate searching where 
directories do not
implement component matching.  While the PKIX WG agrees that component matching
for certificates and CRLs is the long term solution, currently 
deployed PKIs rely upon
directories that do not implement this functionality.  These 
Informational documents are intended to establish an interim solution 
until component matching is widely available. PKIX expects the 
component matching work to progress as Standards Track.
	The drafts are available here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-pkc-schema-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-ac-schema-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ldap-crl-schema-03.tx

	Reviews prior to November 29th would be best, since that is when the
working group Last Call is scheduled to end.   Reviews should go to
the PKIX working group mailing list at:  [email-masked], cc'ing
the chairs ([email-masked], [email-masked]) and the directorate.
		thanks,
			Ted Hardie

_______________________________________________
Ldap-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldap-dir