Subject: [Ldap-dir] Re: Review of draft-wahl-ldap-adminaddr

From: Mark Wahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:36:25 -0500

Kurt Zeilenga wrote:
> I reviewed this draft on behalf of the Apps Area Review team and the 
> LDAP Directorate.

Thanks for your comments on these drafts! I'll be reviewing your
emails and will respond shortly with more details.

> I do find the uses of SHOULD in the Security Consideration section kind 
> of odd.  Use
> of RFC 2119 keywords should be limited to specification of 
> implementation requirements.

If so, then RFC 2119 should be revised to incorporate that limitation,
as I don't see that stated in 2119, and I observe in recently published
proposed standard RFCs the use of RFC 2119 terminology in the security
considerations sections to make statements beyond implementation
requirements, e.g., RFC 4875 "Specifications of applications within the
IETF MUST specify this mechanism" or RFC 4872 "RSVP signaling MUST be
able to provide authentication and integrity".

Mark Wahl
Informed Control Inc.

_______________________________________________
Ldap-dir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ldap-dir