Subject: [Ldap-dir] Proposal to add all LDAP Directorate members to Apps Review Team

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 11:11:14 -0700

Folks,
Lisa and I were discussing use of Apps Area Directorates and came to 
conclusion that the Apps Review Team (see 
<http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/apps-review/>) is better for the 
area then the directorate. Here are some reasons:
1). apps review mailing list is more transparent - openness is good
2). member can learn from other reviewers - spreading knowledge is good.

So, we would like to propose to add all existing LDAP Directorate 
members to the Apps Review Team.
Can you please let Lisa and myself know if you are Ok with being added 
to the Apps Review Team.

Also, if you think LDAP Directorate has a separate and useful purpose, 
please let us know as well.

Alexey

P.S. Lisa and I are still deciding what should happen to the LDAP 
Directorate. The mailing list is going to remain active for the time being.

---

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 18:17:56 -0700

On Apr 8, 2009, at 11:11 AM, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> conclusion that the Apps Review Team (see <http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/apps-review/ 
> >) is better for the area then the directorate. Here are some reasons:
> Can you please let Lisa and myself know if you are Ok with being  
> added to the Apps Review Team.
>
> Also, if you think LDAP Directorate has a separate and useful  
> purpose, please let us know as well.

I don't care much if the directorate fades away...

> Directorate. The mailing list is going to remain active for the time  

Just don't kill the [email-masked] list as that's the LDAP  
parameters "Expert Review" list [RFC 4520].

-- Kurt

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 16:17:04 +0100

> parameters "Expert Review" list [RFC 4520].

No intention of doing that.

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 15:32:06 +0200

> No intention of doing that.

I agree with Kurt.