Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldup-protocol-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 06:25:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP Duplication/Replication/Update Protocols Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The LDUP Replication Update Protocol
	Author(s)	: E. Stokes, G. Good
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldup-protocol-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 14-Mar-00
	
The protocol described in this document is designed to allow one LDAP
server to replicate its directory content to another LDAP server. The
protocol is designed to be used in a replication configuration where
multiple updatable servers are present. Provisions are made in the
protocol to carry information that allows the server receiving
updates to apply a total ordering to all updates in the replicated
system. This total ordering allows all replicas to correctly resolve
conflicts that arise when LDAP clients submit changes to different
servers that later replicate to one another.
All protocol elements described here are LDAP Version 3 extended
operations. LDAP Version 3 is described in RFC 2251 [LDAPv3].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldup-protocol-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldup-protocol-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldup-protocol-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.