Subject: Draft Minutes for the LDUP WG meeting

From: "John Strassner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 18:56:03 -0700

Please review and comment asap.

regards,
John

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:02:54 +0200

One note, which is to substance, not to minutes (which seem fine):

>Ed notes that the process of trying to describe scheduled
>policy is really hard. We can start to do this by perhaps
>defining a cron-like process with hysteriesis. However, it
>isn't clear that this is suitable for all applications. In
>fact, the Engineering Team is favoring leaving this
>undefined.

OTOH, a specification that allows repeating events, but with no way to
specify their repetition, is incomplete. Incomplete specs are bad,
because we then guarantee noninteroperability.

I suggest stealing a repetition definition from CALSCH, if necessary
limiting it to something easy to implement. (Didn't CALSCH have a draft
on how to represent appointments in LDAP entries?)

If necessary, steal it from the man page of cron(1).

                   Harald

                    Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
[email-masked]