Subject: globally unique identifiers .. ??

From: sanjay jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:11:57 -0700

LDAP Replication Architecture draft has:

"
4.4  Unique Identifiers

[snip]
A consistent algorithm for generating such
unique identifiers should be defined for use in the LDUP standards
documents that detail the LDUP information model and LDUP protocols.
"

Is the algorithm to generate unique identifiers *yet* defined in any
of the LDUP docs ?  If not, in which document will it be defined
in future ?

thanks
sanjay

---

From: Bruce Greenblatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:51:07 -0700

I believe that Ed Reed is collecting donations so that he can include a
reference to the ANSI document that has the algorithm to be used.  I
remember years ago I had to pay something like $100 for a five page
document that described language codes (but as a bonus, it came in French
and English)...

Bruce

>of the LDUP docs ?  If not, in which document will it be defined
==============================================
Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com