Subject: LDAP (v3) Revision BOF (LDAPbis)

From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:44:56 -0700

This is the final IETF#48 LDAPbis BOF agenda.
Those interested are encouraged to attend.

Regards, Kurt

--- cut here ---

NAME: LDAP (v3) Revision BOF
ACRONYM: LDAPbis

CHAIRS:
  Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
  RL "Bob" Morgan <[email-masked]>

MAILING LIST:
  Archives: http://www.openldap.org/lists/ietf-ldapbis/
  Subscribe: mailto:[email-masked]?body=subscribe
  Post: mailto:[email-masked]
  Policy: You must be subscribed to post.

INTRODUCTION:
  LDAPv3 core specifications (RFC 2251-56) must be revised if
  they are to be progressed to Draft Standard per the IESG
  Note contained within these documents.  With the approval
  of RFC 2829 and 2830, the necessary secure authentication
  mechanisms to obtain Draft Standard status are now available.

  In addition, the community has obtain a wealth of operational
  experience using the current specifications.  The community
  has identified a number of areas where the specifications
  need to amended.  These amendments include a few significant
  substantive changes, a fair number of lessor substantive changes,
  and many clarifications.  A forum for discussing and addressing
  these issues is needed.

PURPOSE:
  The purpose of this BOF is to discuss proposed updates to the
  LDAPv3 core protocol specification (RFC 2251-56, 2829-30),
  to identify work items, and discuss formation of a working
  group specifically chartered to address identified work items.

  Extensions to LDAPv3 are not within the scope of this BOF
  as this is the realm of existing IETF working groups.

BACKGROUND:
  The LDAPv3 specifications were developed by the ASID and
  LDAPext working groups.  The ASID working group is defunct.
  The LDAPext WG is focused on significant protocol extensions
  such as Access Control, APIs, Referrals, and CLDAP.  A separate
  working group is currently proposed to focus energies to address
  LDAPv3 specification updates while not distracting LDAPext from
  their chartered work.  However, at the discretion of the IESG,
  work items identified by this BOF may be assigned to LDAPext
  or other appropriate WG (after appropriate charter review).

TIME/PLACE:
  WEDNESDAY, August 2, 2000, 1530-1730
 
AGENDA:
  Agenda Bashing
  Introduction, Chair(s), 10m
    Extent of suggested changes
    LDAPv3 vs LDAPv4
  IESG Note, AD, 5m
  LDAPv3 Applicability Statement, JeffH, 10m
  Relationship to X.500, MarkW, 10m
  Reorganisation of the Specification, MarkW, 5m
  Other Issues, TBD, 10m
  Next Steps, Chair(s), 10m

  I-D Review (as time permits), Author(s), 1hr (5m/I-D)
  Order to be determined by chair(s)

READING MATERIALS:
  RFC 2251-2256,2829,2830

  draft-armijo-ldap-control-error-00.txt 
  draft-hodges-ldapv3-as-00.txt
  draft-just-ldapv3-rescodes-02.txt
  draft-rharrison-ldap-extpartresp-01.txt
  draft-smith-ldapv3-dn-update-00.txt
  draft-smith-ldapv3-url-update-00.txt
  draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-opattrs.txt
  draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-rfc2251.txt
  draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-rfc2252.txt
  draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-rfc2253.txt
  draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-rfc2254.txt
  draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-rfc2255.txt
  draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-rfc2256.txt
  draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-rfc2829.txt
  draft-zeilenga-ldapv3bis-rfc2830.txt