Subject: RE: LDAP ACM work (Was: LDUP WG Meeting Minutes)

From: "Apple, Chris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 20:41:24 -0400

The Design Team is not the WG.

The WG is doing work consistent with its charter.

The Design Team will explore, propose, and, *if* the WG agrees, complete
work items for the WG to consider just as any individual is free to
request that the co-chairs consider individually created works.

I'll post the revised Design Team work plan/mission statement tomorrow.
The WG should definitely *not* consider that posting to be a proposal for
extending the WG charter into areas related to ACM. It is only being
presented as a document that the Design Team is planning to use as a
guide for its work. I'll restate that with the actual posting just so
that the applicability of the posting is clear in context.

Chris Apple
FastTrack Solution Development Manager
Cotelligent, Inc.
401 Parkway Drive
Broomall, PA 19008
(V) 610-359-5850
(M) 610-585-4241
(E) [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt D. Zeilenga [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 11:49 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; 'John Strassner'
Subject: LDAP ACM work (Was: LDUP WG Meeting Minutes)

My concern is that that WG appears to be doing work in an area
which it is not chartered to work in.  A design team is a sub-group
of the WG.  It would be inappropriate for a WG to use design teams
to circumvent its charter.

I would be far more comfortable if the LDUP's LDAP ACM design team's
mission was to just to produce a charter text for the WG to consider.

Kurt