Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldup-infomod-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:53:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP Duplication/Replication/Update Protocols Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: LDUP Replication Information Model
	Author(s)	: R. Huber, J. McMeeking, R. Moats
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ldup-infomod-06.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 2003-3-6
	
[LDUP Model] describes the architectural approach to replication of
LDAP directory contents.  This document describes the information
model and schema elements which support LDAP Replication Services
which conform to [LDUP Model].

Directory schema is extended to provide object classes, subentries,
and attributes to describe areas of the namespace which are under
common administrative authority, units of replication (ie, subtrees,
or partitions of the namespace, which are replicated), servers which
hold replicas of various types for the various partitions of the
namespace, which namespaces are held on given servers, and the
progress of various namespace management and replication operations.
Among other things, this knowledge of where directory content is
located will provide the basis for dynamic generation of LDAP
referrals for clients who can follow them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldup-infomod-06.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ldup-infomod-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldup-infomod-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.