Subject: RE: WG Charter Proposal v2

From: "Chris Apple" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:58:40 -0500

>You should also
>     provide a proof or some justification of why each of these
>     features is impossible or impractical to realize using an
>     appropriate combination of LDAPv3 extensibility mechanisms.

As I said above, I will write an I-D will details how the
introduction of loss-consistency multi-master replication
will break directory applications.

>     This is the only way for myself or any other WG member to
>     determine if we agree with your belief that this issue is
>     significant enough to address in the charter revision.

Unfornately, I doubt I'll be able to produce an I-D before the
charter revision cutoff.  However, I would hope most LDUP'ers
understand the LDAP service model issue.  It's been discussed
repeatedly on this list.

Kurt

CWA> I also intended to say that I am glad you have agreed to
     produce such a draft. I'm sure it will be useful input for
     the LDUP editors to consider as they produce the final revisions
     of their I-Ds. So even if this I-D is published after April 7th,
     it is useful. Sometime early in the month of May would be ideal.
     Please post an announcement of it being available to the
     LDUP mailing list.

Chris Apple - Principal Architect

DSI Consulting, Inc.

mailto:[email-masked]

http://www.dsi-consulting.com