Subject: RE:

From: "Uppili.Srinivasan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:41:47 -0700

Drafts Editor -

Please publish the attached as draft-ietf-ldup-model-09.txt.

LDUPers -

Attached is the latest version of the LDUP Profiles draft.  I have made the changes that have been suggested by various reviewers. Most notably, thanks to Jerry Maziarsky for a detailed review and comments to address areas ambiguity.   

Per the plan stated in Vienna, I would like to submit this for WG last call.

The following edits have been made in this version of the draft:

(1) The relationships between different deployment configurations (single vs multi-master) and consistency models (synchronous vs asynchronous) are clarified. 

(2) The architecture spells out that the DITs of replicating directories need not be symmetric.  Only the areas under replication need be.  

(3) A section is added to highlight availability considerations when nodes are added, deleted or upgraded without adversely affecting total system up-time, since one of the objectives of replication is high availability. 

(4) The scope of LDUP is clarified as not for only among homogenous  DSAs (same vendor) but also for heterogeneous DSAs (multi-vendor).

Thanks,
Uppili Srinivasan

---

From: "Chris Apple" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:40:54 -0400

Message received. John and I will review the document and get things moving
along.
 
Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Uppili.Srinivasan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2003 9:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: 

Drafts Editor -

LDUPers -

Attached is the latest version of the LDUP Profiles draft.  I have made the
changes that have been suggested by various reviewers. Most notably, thanks
to Jerry Maziarsky for a detailed review and comments to address areas
ambiguity.   

(1) The relationships between different deployment configurations (single vs
multi-master) and consistency models (synchronous vs asynchronous) are
clarified. 

(2) The architecture spells out that the DITs of replicating directories
need not be symmetric.  Only the areas under replication need be.  

(3) A section is added to highlight availability considerations when nodes
are added, deleted or upgraded without adversely affecting total system
up-time, since one of the objectives of replication is high availability. 

(4) The scope of LDUP is clarified as not for only among homogenous  DSAs
(same vendor) but also for heterogeneous DSAs (multi-vendor).

Thanks,
Uppili Srinivasan