Subject: persistent search

From: John McMeeking <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:20:52 -0600

Are there any plans to publish persistent search in any form?  Is there
something other than an expired internet draft that could be referenced as
the "standard" for this feature?  Having been implemented by at least a few
servers and clients, I think some sort of formal document (IETF or
otherwise) would be useful.

John  McMeeking

---

From: [email-masked] (Mark C Smith)
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:13:10 -0500

> otherwise) would be useful.

A couple of years ago, I mentioned that I planned to ask that PS be 
published as an Informational RFC. A couple of people mentioned that 
they'd rather not have that happen because it might confuse people who 
are looking for the standards track "answer", e.g., LCUP. But I still 
think it would be useful to publish PS as Information because there are 
multiple implementations, etc.

-Mark

---

From: Michael Ströder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:00:21 +0100

Mark C Smith wrote:
> But I still 

+1

Ciao, Michael.