Subject: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-sermersheim-ldap-csn-00.txt

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:18:25 -0700

>>> <[email-masked]> 12/8/03 1:23:32 PM >>>
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Title: The LDAP Change Sequence Number Syntax and Matching Rules
Author(s): J. Sermersheim
Filename: draft-sermersheim-ldap-csn-00.txt
Pages: 7
Date: 2003-12-8

This document defines a syntax schema element for the Lightweight 
Directory Access Protocol ([LDAP]) which is used to hold a Change 
Sequence Number (CSN). In general, a change sequence number 
represents the place and time that a directory entity was changed. It 
may be used by various attributes for various LDAP replication, and 
synchronization applications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sermersheim-ldap-csn-00.txt 

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the
message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-sermersheim-ldap-csn-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt 

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
[email-masked] .
In the body type:
"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-sermersheim-ldap-csn-00.txt".

NOTE:The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use this
feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
command. To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
a MIME-compliant mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:58:20 -0700

All,
 
I'd like to update this (fill in the missing sections at the bottom)
over the next 5 weeks, and then submit it to the AD for IETF last call.
Does anyone have issues with it? Is it suitable as something that can be
referenced by the LDUP info model document?
 
Jim

>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]> 12/8/03 11:18:25 PM >>>

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sermersheim-ld! ap-csn-00.txt

Send a message to:
[email-masked] .
In the body type:

NOTE:The mail server at ietf.org can return the document ! in
MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility. To use t! his
f eature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
command. To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
a MIME-compliant mail reader. Different MIME-compliant mail readers
exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
how to manipulate these messages.