Subject: LDUP WG Meeting Minutes

From: "Chris Apple" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:55:13 -0500

LDUP WG Meeting Minutes

TUESDAY, November 11, 2003
1415-1515 Afternoon Sessions II
Rochester APP ldup LDAP Duplication/Replication/Update Protocols WG

Kurt Zeilenga volunteered to take notes for the meeting minutes.

Chris Apple chaired the meeting and presented the previously circulate
meeting agenda. No changes were requested.

Chris gave a presentation on the general WG status that concluded
with a recommendation from the chairs that WG Last Call for various
documents should proceed in a sequence consistent with the order
listed in the WG Charter. Chris also pointed out that this would
likely be the last IETF Meeting at which LDUP has a need to meet
face-to-face.
	
John McMeeking gave a status update of infomod/mrm/protocol I-Ds.
Infomod is ready for WG Last Call. Protocol is close to done.
MRM needs some more work.

Chris Apple noted that the:

+ Editors of Information and Architectural Models have requested that
  a last call be initiated
+ Editors of General Usage Profile document report being ready for
  WG Last Call
+ Editors of URP indicate that the document is ready for WG Last Call

Ted Hardie pointed out that some documents seem to be missing from the WG
Charter page; Chris Apple replied that they were expired and need to be
refreshed.

Chris presented a proposal for managing WG last Call that was discussed.
After identifying a few issues related to dependencies and remaining work to
Be done on certain documents, the following schedule was settled upon:

+ First Grouping: Information and Architectural Model Documents
  (2 week duration)

+ Second Grouping: URP and Protocol
  (3 week duration)

+ Third Grouping: General Usage Profile and MRM
  (3 week duration)

The original proposal indicated starting WG Last Call for the first
grouping on the first Monday after the IETF Last Call. But it was
decided in the meeting that this would happen as soon as possible, but
not necessarily on that particular day because John McMeeking noted that
there may need to be some changes to infomod. draft-ietf-ldup-infomod-08
might be revised prior to WG Last Call. Chris suggested not deferring the
WG Last Call if the changes are minor. No concerns were voiced about
this.

Ted Hardie asked whether the documents should be subject to IETF-wide last
call
or not. Chris to consider the issue and ask WG (on the mailing list) for
input.

The meeting concluded.