Subject: [ledbat] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-09.txt> (Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT)) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:24:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Low Extra Delay Background
Transport WG (ledbat) to consider the following document:
- 'Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT)'
  <draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion-09.txt> as an Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-05-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   LEDBAT is an experimental delay-based congestion control algorithm
   that attempts to utilize the available bandwidth on an end-to-end
   path while limiting the consequent increase in queueing delay on the
   path.  LEDBAT uses changes in one-way delay measurements to limit
   congestion that the flow itself induces in the network.  LEDBAT is
   designed for use by background bulk-transfer applications; it is
   designed to be no more aggressive than TCP congestion control and to
   yield in the presence of any competing flows when latency builds,
   thus limiting interference with the network performance of the
   competing flows.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ledbat-congestion/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.