Subject: [Ledger] Call for Mentors and Project Ideas - Google Summer of Code

From: Adrian Hope-Bailie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 20:29:47 +0200

Hi all,

I have submitted an application on behalf of the community to Google Summer
of Code for 2017. If successful, Interledger will be one of the projects
that students can apply to work on during their summer break. Students
propose a project and, if accepted, are given a mentor from the existing
contributors.

Details on the requirements of a mentor are here:
http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsoc-mentoring/what-makes-a-good-mentor/

*Are there any members of the community willing to be mentors if the
project is accepted?*
The ask is that you assist the student in getting familiar with the project
and help them complete their 12 week project (which is a contribution
toward the Interledger code-base.) The goal is to help the student with
contributions to Interledger a useful side-effect.

*Are there any members of the community with good ideas for a 12 week
student project?*
The heart of the process is an "Ideas Page" where we can list ideas for new
projects. Ours is here: https://interledger.org/ideas.html

Right now it is very general (and quite focused on ILP-Kit) so anyone that
has a concrete proposals for a 12 week programming project and is
volunteering to be a mentor, please submit a PR to add your proposal or
send it as a reply to this email. (Guidelines for project definitions:
http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsoc-mentoring/defining-a-project/)

Adrian