Subject: [Ledger] Interledger Payment Method - W3C Web Payments

From: Adrian Hope-Bailie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:20:06 -0700

Hi all,

This has been a WIP for some time but I finally had a chance recently to
get it in sync with the latest application protocol specs (SPSP and IPR).

https://w3c.github.io/webpayments/proposals/interledger-payment-method.html

I plan to bring it up with the Web Payments WG in our call this week and
see if we can take this on as a formal work item. The ultimate goal is that
it is published by the group as an official W3C Note and that browsers will
support this natively.

One of the WG members from Google has logged the following issue to add it
to Chromium and I'm hoping that will be ready for us to play with at the
hackathon next month:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=715577
(Please vote for the issue if you support this being added)

For some context on how this spec fits into the new W3C Web Payments work
have a look at this document: https://w3c.github.io/webpayments-overview/
(Note that Interledger is a "Payment Method" in this context)

Please log any issues you find using the Github link in the document.

Adrian