Subject: [Ledger] Forming a Routing Working Group

From: Evan Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 12:26:41 +0000

There are a number of people who have expressed particular interest in
Interledger routing. I'd like to propose creating a working group focused
on this topic.

The structure, goals, outputs etc are TBD but I could imagine a group like
this having calls on a regular basis to discuss ongoing research on routing
and generally working to figure out how the next version(s) of Interledger
routing should work.

If you are interested in this topic, please join the *first call at 3pm UTC
on July 5th*. Details for joining the call below.

If you have ideas for discussion topics or other suggestions, please
respond to this thread with them!

*Interledger Routing Working Group Call*

For more info and to join the mailing lists visit:
https://interledger.org/community

To join or start the meeting, go to:
https://bluejeans.com/795795755
(Also works on iPhone or Android phone)

To connect directly from a room system?
1) Dial: 199.48.152.152 or bjn.vc
2) Enter Meeting ID: 795795755 -or- use the pairing code

Dial-in numbers: http://bluejeans.com/numbers (use Meeting ID: 795795755)

-- 

Evan Schwartz
Software Engineer
Managing Director of Ripple Luxembourg
<http:> <http:>

---

From: Ryan Fugger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:22:52 -0700

This is a great idea Evan.  I am very interested in routing.  I don't
manage calls well, but I would appreciate being able to observe and
hopefully participate a bit over email.  Please let us know if/when any new
mailing list gets set up for this.  Thanks!

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 5:26 AM, Evan Schwartz <[email-masked]> wrote:

> If you are interested in this topic, please join the *first call at 3pm
> UTC on July 5th*. Details for joining the call below.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ledger mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ledger
>
>

---

From: Tony Arcieri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 12:10:38 -0700

> mailing list gets set up for this.  Thanks!

I'm in a similar boat to Ryan: a big fan of things like BGP and layer 3
routing as well as proprietary payment network routing, but would prefer to
participate in something like this a bit more asynchronously as opposed to
a call.

---

From: Evan Schwartz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 19:13:19 +0000

Sounds good. I would propose that this type of group should start and work
on a shared set of docs that describes options, ongoing research, etc so
that others can participate and follow along.

-- 

Evan Schwartz
Software Engineer