Subject: [Lime] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam-methods-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 07:47:08 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam-methods-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lime-yang-connectionless-oam-methods/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your work on this draft.  In the security considerations, could you
please add a clause on network reconnaissance into the text since that could
lead to other attack types (compromise, etc.).

OLD:

These are the
   operations and their sensitivity/vulnerability:

   o  continuity-check: Generates continuity check.

   o  path-discovery: Generates path discovery.

   which may lead to Denial-of-Service attack on both the local device
   and the network or unauthorized source access to some sensitive
   information.

NEW:
These are the
   operations and their sensitivity/vulnerability:

   o  continuity-check: Generates continuity check.

   o  path-discovery: Generates path discovery.

   which may be used for network reconnaissance or lead to Denial-of-Service
   attack on both the local device and the network or unauthorized source
   access to some sensitive information.