Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:46:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Interworking LISP with IPv4 and IPv6
	Author(s)       : Darrel Lewis
                          David Meyer
                          Dino Farinacci
                          Vince Fuller
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-05.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-02-28

   This document describes techniques for allowing sites running the
   Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) to interoperate with Internet
   sites (which may be using either IPv4, IPv6, or both) but which are
   not running LISP.  A fundamental property of LISP speaking sites is
   that they use Endpoint Identifiers (EIDs), rather than traditional IP
   addresses, in the source and destination fields of all traffic they
   emit or receive.  While EIDs are syntactically identical to IPv4 or
   IPv6 addresses, normally routes to them are not carried in the global
   routing system so an interoperability mechanism is needed for non-
   LISP-speaking sites to exchange traffic with LISP-speaking sites.
   This document introduces three such mechanisms.  The first uses a new
   network element, the LISP Proxy Ingress Tunnel Routers (Proxy-ITRs)
   (Section 5) to act as a intermediate LISP Ingress Tunnel Router (ITR)
   for non-LISP-speaking hosts.  Second the document adds Network
   Address Translation (NAT) functionality to LISP Ingress and LISP
   Egress Tunnel Routers (xTRs) to substitute routable IP addresses for
   non-routable EIDs.  Finally, this document introduces the Proxy
   Egress Tunnel Router (Proxy ETR) to handle cases where a LISP ITR
   cannot send packets to non-LISP sites without encapsulation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-05.txt

---

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 15:50:06 -0800

All,

The -05 version updates the draft based on the detailed review of Rolf Winter on behalf of the TSV Area.

The major differences to the document are the re-ordering of the Terms section to earlier in the document, and the movement of the Proxy-ETR section to be near the Proxy-ITR section.  Also Rolf spent a lot of time finding nits and suggesting the proper, consistent use of terms within the document - hopefully these have all been addressed.

-05 and HTML diffs from 04 to -05 are attached.

Thanks,

-Darrel, on behalf of the draft-ietf-lisp-interworking authors.

On Feb 28, 2012, at 3:46 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp