Subject: [lisp] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-fuller-lisp-ddt-01.txt

From: Vince Fuller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:14:07 -0700

This version includes a new section (9) describing an authentication
mechanism for DDT plus changes to replace the "done" indication with a
more general "action" field in Map-Referral messages that is used to
signal how a DDT Map-Resolver should proceed with following a referral.

Currently, use of the "action" field is only described in section 7; the
authors are aware that additional text is needed in sections 5, 6, and 8
but wanted to get a preliminary description of this new functionality
published ahead of the IETF 83 I-D deadline.

	--Vince
	(for the DDT authors)

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:45:50 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-fuller-lisp-ddt-01.txt
Reply-To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : LISP Delegated Database Tree
	Author(s)       : Vince Fuller
                          Darrel Lewis
	Filename        : draft-fuller-lisp-ddt-01.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   This draft describes the LISP Delegated Database Tree (LISP-DDT), a
   hierarchical, distributed database which embodies the delegation of
   authority to provide mappings from LISP Endpoint Identifiers (EIDs)
   to Routing Locators (RLOCs).  It is a statically-defined distribution
   of the EID namespace among a set of LISP-speaking servers, called DDT
   nodes.  Each DDT node is configured as "authoritative" for one or
   more EID-prefixes, along with the set of RLOCs for Map-Servers or
   "child" DDT nodes to which more-specific EID-prefixes are delegated.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fuller-lisp-ddt-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fuller-lisp-ddt-01.txt

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

----- End forwarded message -----

---

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:29:14 -0700

This version, unfortunately, did _not_ include the updates we had pending for the acknoledgement section.  Dino Farinacci, Job Snijders, Damien Saucez, and Fabio Maino all contributed greatly to the 01 version of this document, as well as to the implementations and experimentations going on in support of the mapping systems effort in general.

My apologies for not thanking you in this version, we will be sure to include this in the -02 version.

-Darrel

On Mar 12, 2012, at 5:14 PM, Vince Fuller wrote:

> X-Original-To: [email-masked]
> Delivered-To: [email-masked]
> X-Test-IDTracker: no
> X-IETF-IDTracker: 4.00
> Precedence: list
> List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>
> Errors-To: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp