Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 13:13:22 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Interworking LISP with IPv4 and IPv6
	Author(s)       : Darrel Lewis
                          David Meyer
                          Dino Farinacci
                          Vince Fuller
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-06.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2012-03-04

   This document describes techniques for allowing sites running the
   Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) to interoperate with Internet
   sites (which may be using either IPv4, IPv6, or both) but which are
   not running LISP.  A fundamental property of LISP speaking sites is
   that they use Endpoint Identifiers (EIDs), rather than traditional IP
   addresses, in the source and destination fields of all traffic they
   emit or receive.  While EIDs are syntactically identical to IPv4 or
   IPv6 addresses, normally routes to them are not carried in the global
   routing system so an interoperability mechanism is needed for non-
   LISP-speaking sites to exchange traffic with LISP-speaking sites.
   This document introduces three such mechanisms.  The first uses a new
   network element, the LISP Proxy Ingress Tunnel Routers (Proxy-ITRs)
   (Section 5) to act as a intermediate LISP Ingress Tunnel Router (ITR)
   for non-LISP-speaking hosts.  Second the document adds Network
   Address Translation (NAT) functionality to LISP Ingress and LISP
   Egress Tunnel Routers (xTRs) to substitute routable IP addresses for
   non-routable EIDs.  Finally, this document introduces the Proxy
   Egress Tunnel Router (Proxy ETR) to handle cases where a LISP ITR
   cannot send packets to non-LISP sites without encapsulation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-interworking-06.txt

---

From: Darrel Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 13:22:51 -0800

This update is to address Discuss items and Comments which arose during IESG review of the document.

An HTML diff from -05 to -06 is attached:

Thanks,

-Darrel
On Mar 4, 2012, at 1:13 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp