Subject: Re: [lisp] Agenda Items for LISP in IETF 85

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 20:09:57 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>

    > I do (fully) expect that this document will become a WG item in the
    > near future. In fact the LISP charter calls for it. However the line
    > has been drawn in the sand - we MUST put the work into
    > lisp-introduction and lisp-architecture first.

But there is very little for the WG to do on these documents. They don't
cover any _new_ ground, which the WG might need to discuss - all they are
(effectively) are high-level descriptions of what's already been done.

Yes, I need to get moving on them, but what exactly is it that the WG is
going to do? Or, to put it another way, how is _not_ doing other things going
to speed up in any way the architecture document set?

Since this document is already called for by the charter, I would think
looking at it would be an entirely plausible use of meeting time.

	Noel

---

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:25:58 -0700

> (effectively) are high-level descriptions of what's already been done.

They could certainly get review by the WG.

Text could be offered by the WG on sections that are deemed unclear, or
incomplete.

eg section 5.4 (LCAF), 6.3 (state), parts of 6.4, 7.3.1, 7.4 etc etc of
lisp-architecture.

> Yes, I need to get moving on them, but what exactly is it that the WG is

I would like to see the WG get moving on them. As you say they are already
high level descriptions of what has already been done. So there IS expertise
in the WG that could easily provide you with text for you to massage into
the document.

> to speed up in any way the architecture document set?

There is _much_ to do on the architecture document. This is a (to use the
vernacular) "stick" to get the WG to invest the time they said they would in
adoption of this draft.

I apologize that it isn't a popular approach, but given the IESG desire one
that we have to live with for now. I will bring tim-tams to Atlanta as
reward for action :-) (if that helps)

> looking at it would be an entirely plausible use of meeting time.

Let's see some WG ML traffic on it first.

Cheers
Terry