Subject: Re: [lisp] Comments on lisp-architecture-01

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 17:52:30 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Damien Saucez <[email-masked]>

I'm still catching up from the storm (not too bad where I was, but we lost
several days getting ready, and during it), but I saw one thing that confused
me:

    >> You can cite
    >> http://www.net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de/papers/IB-CCLIM-07.pdf

    > Luigi Iannone and Olivier Bonaventure. 2007. On the cost of caching
    > locator /ID mappings. In Proceedings of the 2007 ACM CoNEXT conference
    > (CoNEXT '07).  ACM

??? This document already references that (in Section 6.3. "Amount of State")?

As a general note: I don't intend to reference every single thing written
about LISP. (That's for a 'LISP Bibliography' document.) I will follow
standard practise and cite things which i) are the fundamental works on a
topic, or ii) the author has relied upon, or iii) would be useful/informative
to readers of the document at hand.

I will take a look at the additional references you list (many of which are to
very recent publications, BTW), and see if they fall under ii) or iii). (The
Conext one fell under all of i), ii), and iii), which is why already it was
already listed.)

	Noel

---

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:18:22 +0100

> ??? This document already references that (in Section 6.3. "Amount of State")?

Yes indeed. My point is that you can cite it also elsewhere (where I suggested?) because looks to me that is somehow related to the text/discussion.

> about LISP.

Absolutely.

> (That's for a 'LISP Bibliography' document.) I will follow

I was more on the iii) point. The two documents should (IMHO) take the LISP rookie by hand and guide him/her through the LISP world. Offering pointers to relevant literature is one way to do it, especially in the arch document those papers can support the rationale of the different design choices.

But this is just my viewpoint and you may have different plans for the documents.

> very recent publications, BTW), and see if they fall under ii) or iii).

At least they are not very long papers... ;-)

ciao

Luigi

> (The
> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp