Subject: Re: [lisp] LISP-NAT Deployment - draft-ietf-lisp-introduction-00

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 23:52:47 -0400 (EDT)

> From: [email-masked]

    > Consider the scenario that two ETRs behind a single NAT.

    > When NAT establish states for ETRs who both send packets outbound, it
    > could assign different global IP addresses for them.

Most NAT devices (at least, IPv4 NAT devices) share a _single_ global IP
address among multiple machines. So, the NAT _cannot_ "assign [a] different
global IP address[] for" each ETR.

       Noel

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 14:14:52 +0800

Hi Noel,
 
  Thank you very much for your reply.

  Yes, I agree. If "NAT Traversal" is not based on RTR, "Destination Port" 
is indeed a problem.

> global IP address[] for" each ETR.

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.