Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-24.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:27:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP)
	Author(s)       : Dino Farinacci
                          Vince Fuller
                          Dave Meyer
                          Darrel Lewis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-24.txt
	Pages           : 97
	Date            : 2012-11-13

Abstract:
   This draft describes a network layer based protocol that enables
   separation of IP addresses into two new numbering spaces: Endpoint
   Identifiers (EIDs) and Routing Locators (RLOCs).  No changes are
   required to either host protocol stacks or to the "core" of the
   Internet infrastructure.  LISP can be incrementally deployed, without
   a "flag day", and offers traffic engineering, multi-homing, and
   mobility benefits to early adopters, even when there are relatively
   few LISP-capable sites.

   Design and development of LISP was largely motivated by the problem
   statement produced by the October 2006 IAB Routing and Addressing
   Workshop.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lisp-24

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lisp-24

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/