Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 09:17:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) Control-Plane
        Authors         : Vince Fuller
                          Dino Farinacci
                          Albert Cabellos
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2017-05-10

Abstract:
   This document describes the Control-Plane and Mapping Service for the
   Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP), implemented by two new types
   of LISP-speaking devices -- the LISP Map-Resolver and LISP Map-Server
   -- that provides a simplified "front end" for one or more Endpoint ID
   to Routing Locator mapping databases.

   By using this control-plane service interface and communicating with
   Map-Resolvers and Map-Servers, LISP Ingress Tunnel Routers (ITRs) and
   Egress Tunnel Routers (ETRs) are not dependent on the details of
   mapping database systems, which facilitates modularity with different
   database designs.  Since these devices implement the "edge" of the
   LISP infrastructure, connect directly to LISP-capable Internet end
   sites, and comprise the bulk of LISP-speaking devices, reducing their
   implementation and operational complexity should also reduce the
   overall cost and effort of deploying LISP.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lisp-rfc6833bis-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/