Subject: [lmap] Internet LMAP Draft for Review

From: James Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 00:52:53 -0400

I am pleased to share the following draft with the list and welcome
feedback and comments.  I note that the announcement will be cross-posted
to the FCC Next Generation Measurement Architecture Standardization and
Outreach Group (NMASOG) mailing list [email-masked], which
has a primary source of discussion for development of the document up to
this point.  Participants to that list have been directed to make any
further substantive contributions to this list going forward.  We are happy
to provide references to the FCC filings that document the past
conversations of that group.

I have attached the XML and txt output of the draft for convenience.

Warm regards,
--
James Miller

 ---

A new version of I-D, draft-schulzrinne-lmap-requirements-00.txt

has been successfully submitted by James Miller and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:            draft-schulzrinne-lmap-requirements

Revision:              00

Title:                      Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband
Performance: Use Cases, Architecture and Protocol Requirements

Creation date:   2012-09-21

WG ID:                  Individual Submission

Number of pages: 20

URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schulzrinne-lmap-requirements-00.txt

Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schulzrinne-lmap-requirements

Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schulzrinne-lmap-requirements-00

Abstract:

   Measuring broadband performance on a large scale is important for

   network diagnostics by providers and users, as well for as public

   policy.  To conduct such measurements, user networks gather data,

   either on their own initiative or instructed by a measurement

   controller, and then upload the measurement results to a designated

   measurement server.  This document describes a logical architecture

   and summarizes key requirements for protocols to connect the

   components.  The system is designed to support residential and small-

   enterprise networks, using either wired or wireless networks.  The

   architecture supports an extensible set of active and passive

   measurements, but the details of the metrics themselves are beyond

   the scope of this document.

The IETF Secretariat