Subject: [lmap] New drafts posted

From: Matt Mathis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:01:19 -0700

I just posted two Internet-drafts that may be of interest to this
community.  Both are quite rough and missing a lot of detail.   I will
be looking for people who might be interested co-authoring.

They are:

 Model Based Internet Performance Metrics

   We introduce a new class of model based Internet metrics designed to
   determine if a long path can be expected to meet a predefined end-to-
   end application performance target by applying a suite of single
   property tests to successive sections of the long path.  In many
   cases these single property tests are based on existing IPPM metrics,
   with the addition of success and validity criteria.  The sub-path at
   a time tests are designed to eliminate all known conditions that
   might prevent the full path from meeting the target performance.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mathis-ippm-model-based-metrics-00.txt

and

Curating Internet Measurement Data

   This document describes the nomenclature, requirements and framework
   for handling per-sample metadata for a live archive of Internet
   measurements.  By archive, we mean that once captured, the data MUST
   NOT be altered or deleted.  By live, we mean that new data from
   ongoing measurements are being continuously appended to the archive.

   The purpose of the metadata is to support the use of the Scientific
   Method in the study the archived data.  Under the principle of full
   disclosure, the Scientific Method requires that later researchers be
   able to repeat earlier studies using the original data, but refined
   by new insights (such as improved calibration) gained from other
   intervening studies.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mathis-ippm-data-curation-00.txt

Thanks,
--MM--
The best way to predict the future is to create it.  - Alan Kay

Privacy matters!  We know from recent events that people are using our
services to speak in defiance of unjust governments.   We treat
privacy and security as matters of life and death, because for some
users, they are.