Subject: [lmap] LMAP Use Case draft

From: Marc Linsner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:32:25 -0500

In an effort to move things forward, I submitted this draft to dissect the
use cases away from both the requirements and architecture discussions.  The
goal is to have a discussion and come to consensus on the use cases to be
considered if/when the LMAP work moves forward.  Hopefully, breaking topics
into smaller more portable documents will allow the topics to move forward
at different speeds.

Admittedly, this draft is far from complete, but I made an attempt to
capture (at least in part) the conversation around use cases from the list.

Fire awayŠ..

-Marc-

A new version of I-D, draft-linsner-lmap-use-cases-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marc Linsner and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:  draft-linsner-lmap-use-cases
Revision:  00
Title:  Large-Scale Broadband Measurement Use Cases
Creation date:  2012-12-21
WG ID:  Individual Submission
Number of pages: 5
URL:             
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-linsner-lmap-use-cases-00.txt
Status:          
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-linsner-lmap-use-cases
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-linsner-lmap-use-cases-00

Abstract:
   Measuring broadband performance on a large scale is important for
   network diagnostics by providers and users, as well for as public
   policy.  To conduct such measurements, user networks gather data,
   either on their own initiative or instructed by a measurement
   controller, and then upload the measurement results to a designated
   measurement server.  Understanding the various scenarios and users of
   measuring broadband performance is essential to development of the
   system requirements.  The details of the measurement metrics
   themselves are beyond the scope of this document.

The IETF Secretariat