Subject: [lmap] LMAP status after the IESG call today

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 22:00:26 +0200

Dear all,

Good news. The LMAP charter has been approved by the IESG for external 
review.
The external review message will be sent tomorrow, for a period of 10 days.

Some changes in the charter text:
- added the notion of privacy

    The LMAP WG will consider privacy as a core requirement and will
    ensure that by
    default measurement and collection mechanisms and protocols
    standardised
    operate in a privacy-sensitive manner, for example, ensuring that
    measurements
    are not personally identifying except where permission for such has
    been
    granted by identified subjects. Note that this does not mean that
    all uses of
    LMAP need to turn on all privacy features but it does mean that privacy
    features do need to be at least well-defined.

- many clarifications. Too many to list them all
- a lot of simplification: the charter was deemed too long

The latest charter is now at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-lmap/

Regards, Benoit