Subject: [lmap] Draft RFC 2330 Update submission

From: Joachim Fabini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:23:52 +0200

Dear all,

we have submitted the RFC2330 Update draft last week, it is available 
online at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-2330-update/.

As a side-note: the time-slotted randomness cancellation (TSRC) issue, 
which the draft discusses, questions appropriateness of end-to-end 
measurement methodologies for sequences of time-slotted links - not only 
for wireless but also for wired access links. We will present some 
details/measurement results in Berlin and would welcome a discussion on 
the potential impact that TSRC can have onto the future lmap architecture.

More details on TSRC and its impact on measurements can be found in 
reference [TSRC] of the draft. The paper is currently available as 
early-access in IEEExplore, you may contact me (JF) by email in case you 
have no access to it.

regards
Joachim and Al.

-- 
---------------------------------------
Dr. Joachim Fabini
Institute of Telecommunications
Vienna University of Technology
Favoritenstraße 9/389
A-1040 Vienna, Austria

Tel:    +43 1 58801-38813
Fax:    +43 1 58801-38898
mailto: [email-masked]
---------------------------------------