Subject: [lmap] Document Action: 'Large-Scale Broadband Measurement Use Cases' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-lmap-use-cases-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 06:40:37 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Large-Scale Broadband Measurement Use Cases'
  (draft-ietf-lmap-use-cases-06.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband
Performance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Joel Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-use-cases/

Technical Summary

Measuring broadband performance on a large scale is important for
network diagnostics by providers and users, as well as for public
policy. Understanding the various scenarios and users of measuring
broadband performance is essential to development of the framework,
information model and protocol. This document details two use cases
that can assist to developing that framework. The details of the
measurement metrics themselves are beyond the scope of this document.

Working Group Summary

The Working Group debated the scope of the work and decided to limit 
the scope of work in the first phase of LMAP to the ISP and Regulator use 
cases. There was strong consensus in the favor of this approach.

Document Quality

This is a use case document. There are various approaches implemented 
by vendors and providers for functions similar to these performed but 
LMAP, but no full solutions.

Personnel

Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd. 
Benoit Claise is the Responsible Area Director.