Subject: [lmap] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-lmap-framework-12: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 18:28:39 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lmap-framework-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-framework/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 1, paragraph starting with "Broadly speaking there are two types
of Measurement Method. "

s / Method / Methods

Figures:

Several figures that start at the top of the page have the first line out
of alignment.

Figure numbers might be useful. (For example, had there been numbers I
could have referenced the figures with the alignment problem :-)  )

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 13:58:42 +0000

Ben,
Thanks for the comments. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: lmap [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ben Campbell
> Sent: 09 April 2015 02:29
> Section 1, paragraph starting with "Broadly speaking there are two
> types of Measurement Method. "
> 
> s / Method / Methods

Can we leave this one for discussion with the RFC Editor? 
Doing a bit of googling, there's no clear rule. In UK English I think that 'there are two types of method /dog /apple' would be much more usual than methods/ dogs /apples. 

> 
> Figures:
> 
> Several figures that start at the top of the page have the first line
> out of alignment.
> 

Figures now aligned.
Figure numbering - will leave to RFC editor if they want them.

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 09:20:39 -0500

On 14 Apr 2015, at 8:58, [email-masked] wrote:

> Doing a bit of googling, there's no clear rule. In UK English I think 
> that 'there are two types of method /dog /apple' would be much more 
> usual than methods/ dogs /apples.

You may be right for American English, too :-)  (I read 
"two...method[s]", but you wrote "two types...". My bad.)

> Figure numbering - will leave to RFC editor if they want them.

Sure  I usually suggest them if there's more than a couple of figures, 
because it makes it easier for people to talk about (and reference) the 
figures. But to my knowledge they are not required, and the RFC editor 
will probably not add them.

/Ben