Subject: [lmap] definition of Instruction Task unclear

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 14:41:52 +0200

Hi,

the information model uses the term "Instruction Task" in a few places
but it is unclear what this term means or how an Instruction Task
differs from a Measurement Task (which is a defined term, see the
framework document). Trevor, do you recall the details?

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 12:50:40 +0000

Yes, Instruction Tasks were those  used to update the Instruction - i.e. those tasks involved in communication with the Controller. They are not subject to suppression.

Trevor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 06 July 2015 13:42
To: Burbridge,T,Trevor,TUB8 R; [email-masked]
Subject: definition of Instruction Task unclear

Hi,

the information model uses the term "Instruction Task" in a few places but it is unclear what this term means or how an Instruction Task differs from a Measurement Task (which is a defined term, see the framework document). Trevor, do you recall the details?

/js

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 14:59:50 +0200

Hm, but then what are "Instruction Task Configurations", the first
numbered bullet in 3.3.? And what about this text:

   The explicit Suppression instruction message is able to simply
   enable/disable all Instruction Tasks (that are enabled for default
   suppression) as well as having fine control on which Tasks are
   suppressed.

It seems terminology is unclear or inconsistently used. I would prefer
to reduce terms if possible. I would also remove the list in 2.B. in
section 3 just above section 3.1. - having Control Tasks defined
should be sufficient, no?

/js

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 13:45:45 +0000

Sorry - I take back my previous statement entirely. I meant Control Tasks! Instruction Tasks are those executed by the Instruction as opposed to the Configuration. This should be clear - under the Instruction object (ma-instruction-obj) there is a list of ma-instruction-tasks.

Trevor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 06 July 2015 14:00
To: Burbridge,T,Trevor,TUB8 R
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: definition of Instruction Task unclear

Hm, but then what are "Instruction Task Configurations", the first numbered bullet in 3.3.? And what about this text:

It seems terminology is unclear or inconsistently used. I would prefer to reduce terms if possible. I would also remove the list in 2.B. in section 3 just above section 3.1. - having Control Tasks defined should be sufficient, no?

/js

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 12:50:40PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Juergen Schoenwaelder 
> [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 06 July 2015 13:42

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 13:35:15 +0200

Hm, I did not find this clear. I would prefer to get rid of this term.

/js