Subject: [lmap] Information Model Report Results: Question on options

From: "Carey, Timothy (Nokia - US)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 18:38:07 +0000

Juergen,

In the latest IM draft (-09) you have new parameters for reporting options and tags.
ma-report-result-options: An optional ordered joined list of
options provided by the task object
and the action object.
ma-report-result-tags: An optional unordered set of tags.
This is the joined set of tags
defined for the task object and the
action object.

What is the difference between these parameters; one says provided by the other said defined for; are these tags use pre-execution and post-execution?
How would an implementer know which is which?

BR,
Tim

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 16:37:57 +0200

> How would an implementer know which is which?

I am not sure I got your question. Let me try to explain.

- You can configure a list of options on the ma-task-obj and you can
  set additional list of options on the ma-action-obj. The list of
  options used is the concatenation of both lists.

  In the result report, the ma-report-result-options field reports
  this joined list of options that were in force when the action was
  started.

- You can configure a set of tags in the ma-task-obj and you can set
  an additional set of tags on the ma-action-obj.

  The result report carries the joined set of tags that were set when
  the action was started.
  
I guess I should use 'provided by' in both cases. I have changes this
in the sources.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Carey, Timothy (Nokia - US)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:40:40 +0000

Juergen,

Thanks for the explanation I understand the difference now.

BR,
Tim 

-----Original Message-----
From: EXT Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:38 AM
To: Carey, Timothy (Nokia - US)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [lmap] Information Model Report Results: Question on options

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 06:38:07PM +0000, Carey, Timothy (Nokia - US) wrote:
> ma-report-result-options: An optional ordered joined list of options 
> provided by the task object and the action object.

  
I guess I should use 'provided by' in both cases. I have changes this in the sources.

/js