Subject: [lmap] WGLC for draft-ietf-lmap-yang-05.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 08:23:11 +0000

This message starts an LMAP Working Group Last Call for the I-D 'A YANG Data Model for LMAP Measurement Agents' which can be found at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-yang/. Please send your comments, questions and concerns to the WG mail list [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>. The WGLC extends for three weeks until Sunday 7/31, but it would be very useful to send comments before the IETF 96 meeting of the WG which will take place on Friday 7/22.

If you believe that the document is ready for submission to the IESG as it stands - please say it as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 10:35:04 +0200

> If you believe that the document is ready for submission to the IESG as it stands - please say it as well.

I believe the document is almost ready to go once we have resolved the
issues listed below (which I hope is an achievable goal for the Berlin
meeting) and we aligned it with any pending issues on the information
model document.

Appendix A.  Open Issues

A.1.

   The information model makes a distinction between control tasks and
   schedules and instruction tasks and schedules.  The YANG model kind
   of ignores this distinction.  Should we have special subtrees to
   separate control from instruction tasks and schedules?  Or should we
   somehow flag control tasks and schedules?  It may be conceivable that
   people want to apply different access control policies for control
   schedules and for instruction schedules (which would favour a
   solution that separates things into different subtrees).

A.2.  Examples

   Do we want to keep the examples?  If yes, they should be better
   aligned.  If we keep the examples, do we need to keep both versions
   (XML and JSON)?

I would love to get a YANG doctors review at this point (e.g. Martin,
Lada) since it is always good to have someone's opinion who has not
been involved in the writing process.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 08:37:29 +0000

This should be easy as soon as I can talk with the secretary of the YANG Doctors team :-) 

Regards,

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-
> university.de]
> Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2016 11:35 AM
> To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [lmap] WGLC for draft-ietf-lmap-yang-05.txt
> 
> 
> Lada) since it is always good to have someone's opinion who has not been
> involved in the writing process.
> 
> /js
>