Subject: [lmap] WGLC for draft-ietf-lmap-restconf-03.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 08:25:17 +0000

This message starts an LMAP Working Group Last Call for the I-D 'Using RESTCONF with LMAP Measurement Agents' which can be found at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-restconf/. Please send your comments, questions and concerns to the WG mail list [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>. The WGLC extends for three weeks until Sunday 7/31, but it would be very useful to send comments before the IETF 96 meeting of the WG which will take place on Friday 7/22.

If you believe that the document is ready for submission to the IESG as it stands - please say it as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 10:43:26 +0200

> If you believe that the document is ready for submission to the IESG as it stands - please say it as well.

I believe this document is not yet ready.

I have come to the conclusion that this document should explain how
the LMAP data models works together with RESTCONF(/NETCONF)
configuration data models.  Many MAs will require call-home in order
to communicate through firewalls and I think this document should
explain how the pieces worked on in the NETCONF WG complement the work
done in the LMAP WG.  If people share this view, then (a) we need to
spend some time to work out the details how things work together and
(b) this document can't be finalized until the corresponding work in
the NETCONF WG is stable.  It might also help to have some running
code, lets see whether the hackathon gets us closer to this (looking
of course for volunteers).

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>