Subject: [lmap] WGLC for draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-10

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 08:20:28 +0000

This message starts an LMAP Working Group Last Call for the I-D 'Information Model for Large Scale Measurement Platforms (LMAP)' which can be found at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-information-model/. Please send your comments, questions and concerns to the WG mail list [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>. The WGLC extends for three weeks until Sunday 7/31, but it would be very useful to send comments before the IETF 96 meeting of the WG which will take place on Friday 7/22.

If you believe that the document is ready for submission to the IESG as it stands - please say it as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 10:27:51 +0200

> If you believe that the document is ready for submission to the IESG as it stands - please say it as well.

I believe the document is ready to go once we have resolved the issues
listed below (which I hope is an achievable goal for the Berlin meeting).

Appendix A.  Open Issues

   o  There is a proposal to add a cycle number to the result reports
      but it is still unclear how exactly the cycle number is calculated
      and how parameters needed to calculate the cycle interval are
      conveyed to the MA.

   o  There is a proposal to remove the well-known Channel option name
      from the information model.

   o  There is a potentially unresolved discussion around the ma-
      schedule-end and ma-schedule-duration.

   o  It may be useful to add ma-capability-tags so that MAs could be
      tagged with additional information (e.g., dsl, cable, home,
      office, nat, ipv4, ipv6, ...).

/js

PS: In preparation of -10, I have gone through the whole document in
    order to spot any remaining inconsistencies (and I fixed a few
    ones I found). It is probably a good time for others as well to
    read the whole document now.

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 08:36:19 +0000

Right. The scope of this WGLC is to have as many people involved in the review of the document which includes open issues and any other comments about the documents. 

Thanks for driving this editing work. 

Regards,

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Juergen Schoenwaelder [mailto:j.schoenwaelder@jacobs-
> university.de]
> Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2016 11:28 AM
> To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [lmap] WGLC for draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-10
> 
> > This message starts an LMAP Working Group Last Call for the I-D
> 'Information Model for Large Scale Measurement Platforms (LMAP)' which

....

> I believe the document is ready to go once we have resolved the issues listed
> below (which I hope is an achievable goal for the Berlin meeting).
> 
> Appendix A.  Open Issues
>