Subject: [lmap] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 06:49:54 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-information-model/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect Leif and Russ are right that credential handling
needs a bit more work. (IOW, I agree with Jari's comment.)

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:54:58 +0100

I do not understand the edits. A secure channel needs credentials.
What these credentials are we can't really say at the information
model level. Obviously, if the controller wants to configure a new
reporting channel, it needs to be able to configure the approriate
credentials to make the channel work.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>