Subject: [lmap] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 14:06:26 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-information-model/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In the security considerations section, I see the following text:

   These mechanisms are important to ensure that the MA
   cannot be hijacked, for example to participate in a distributed
   denial of service attack.

Wouldn't using the systems or the collected data for network recon (or
other attacks) be a more important consideration to be listed than DDoS?