Subject: [lmap] Protocol Action: 'A YANG Data Model for LMAP Measurement Agents' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lmap-yang-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 19:35:11 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A YANG Data Model for LMAP Measurement Agents'
  (draft-ietf-lmap-yang-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband
Performance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari, Benoit Claise and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-yang/

Technical Summary

  This document defines a data model for Large-Scale Measurement
   Platforms (LMAP).  The data model is defined using the YANG data
   modeling language.

Working Group Summary

  The Working Group debated what Data Modeling Language should be used 
  for LMAP and the consensus was to use YANG. 

Document Quality

  There is one active implementation of the DM which was presented, 
  discussed and is available openly. There is information about at least 
  one more implementation in progress. A YANG Doctor review was 
  performed and comments were incorporated. During the development of 
  the document the WG communicated and received inputs from other SDOs 
  (as the Broadband Forum and IEEE 802) as well as from the EC projects. 

Personnel

  Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd. Alissa Cooper is the 
  Responsible Area Director.