Subject: [lmap] Protocol Action: 'Information Model for Large-Scale Measurement Platforms (LMAP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 19:37:15 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Information Model for Large-Scale Measurement Platforms (LMAP)'
  (draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband
Performance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari, Benoit Claise and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-information-model/

Technical Summary

   This Information Model applies to the Measurement Agent within a
   Large-Scale Measurement Platform.  As such it outlines the
   information that is (pre-)configured on the Measurement Agent or
   exists in communications with a Controller or Collector within an
   LMAP framework.  The purpose of such an Information Model is to
   provide a protocol and device independent view of the Measurement
   Agent that can be implemented via one or more Control and Report
   protocols.

Working Group Summary

   The Working Group debated the need for an Information Model and how 
   it should be written.  The consensus was that an IM is needed and the 
   current format was adopted.  

Document Quality

   There is one active implementation of a DM based on this IM which was 
   presented, discussed and is available openly. There is information 
   about at least one more implementation in progress. During the 
   development of the document the WG communicated and received inputs 
   from other SDOs (as the Broadband Forum and IEEE 802) as well as from 
   the EC projects. 

Personnel

   Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd. Alissa Cooper is the 
   Responsible Area Director.