Subject: [lmap] Fwd: Protocol Action: 'Information Model for Large-Scale Measurement Platforms (LMAP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-18.txt)

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 00:57:49 +0300

Thanks to Juergen and the authors and contributors team. Congratulations to
the whole WG for meeting this significant milestone.

Regards,

Dan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, May 1, 2017 at 5:37 AM
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Information Model for Large-Scale Measurement
Platforms (LMAP)' to Proposed Standard
(draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-18.txt)
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: The IESG <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Dan Romascanu <
[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked], [email-masked]

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Information Model for Large-Scale Measurement Platforms (LMAP)'
  (draft-ietf-lmap-information-model-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Large-Scale Measurement of Broadband
Performance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Warren Kumari, Benoit Claise and Alissa
Cooper.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lmap-information-model/

Technical Summary

   This Information Model applies to the Measurement Agent within a
   Large-Scale Measurement Platform.  As such it outlines the
   information that is (pre-)configured on the Measurement Agent or
   exists in communications with a Controller or Collector within an
   LMAP framework.  The purpose of such an Information Model is to
   provide a protocol and device independent view of the Measurement
   Agent that can be implemented via one or more Control and Report
   protocols.

Working Group Summary

   The Working Group debated the need for an Information Model and how
   it should be written.  The consensus was that an IM is needed and the
   current format was adopted.

Document Quality

   There is one active implementation of a DM based on this IM which was
   presented, discussed and is available openly. There is information
   about at least one more implementation in progress. During the
   development of the document the WG communicated and received inputs
   from other SDOs (as the Broadband Forum and IEEE 802) as well as from
   the EC projects.

Personnel

   Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd. Alissa Cooper is the
   Responsible Area Director.