Subject: [lmap] LMAP - what next?

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 22:45:02 +0300

Hi,

With the LMAP WG having shipped the IM and DM documents to the RFC Editor,
it's time to discuss what next.

Specifically, I have two questions:

- what to do with draft-ietf-lmap-restconf?
- is there any new work for lmap on short term, or should we rather focus
on implementations and revisit the issue in a year or two?

Comments and discussions are welcome.

Regards,

Dan

---

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 23:36:07 +0300

Hi,

There was no answer to the list to this mail. The chairs had some off-line
discussions with Juergen (as editor of the LMAP documents) and with Benoit
who is back to be our shepherding AD. Our assessment is that  it would be
good to complete the current charter by bringing to completion and
publishing draft-ietf-lmap-restconf. While RESTCONF has been published, the
progress on the client and server configuration models has been slow and we
believe that the RESTCONF LMAP document would ideally describe how to put
the pieces together, e.g., how to configure an LMAP agent to do call home
to the LMAP
controller and to run regular RESTCONF sessions to POST results to a
collector. This is related to the RESTCONF configuration models work going
on in the NETCONF WG which has its own pace of progress.

Our proposal is as follows:

- Resuscitate draft-ietf-lmap-restconf and sync it with the work going on
in NETCONF. Juergen will put it higher in his TODO list
- unless some spectacular proposal for new work shows up we shall work on
the mail list and we will not meet at IETF 99
- unless some spectacular proposal for new work shows up we shall go
dormant or even close the WG after completing the restconf document.

Comments?

Regrds,

Dan